[SportsandRec] an ADA question

Jessica Beecham jbbeecham at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 14:56:07 UTC 2024

Hey there!

All the gyms you mentioned are considered places of public accommodation
and are required to make reasonable accomodation under the ADA. I would
escalate this above the person you have been talking to.

Furthermore, if they only mark one machine out of the bunch, it should
include signage and you should have preference to use that machine unless
you approach and all the other machines if it’s kind are in use.

It sounds like your ask is easy and shouldn’t be a trouble! I bet once it
hits the right person it will be a quick fix.

Hope this helps!!!

Best Wishes

Jess