[SportsandRec] indoor bike ideas

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 4 21:41:49 UTC 2024

Hello all,

I'm considering buying an indoor bike and wanted some ideas and if you have
firsthand experience, let me know.

It would also be a bike for my dad to use. I'd like it to be somewhat
accessible meaning there are buttons or knobs I could press or turn to get
it started and adjust basic features such as the resistance.

I know that no bike will talk to give access to the display info. With my
low vision I might be able to see it, but if not, having the tactile buttons
will enable me to start it independently.

Since it will be used by him, I would like one with many seat adjustments
and a supportive seat so as to not tire out our glutes and rear end areas.

Also, it would be nice if the bike had a cup holder to place water or
something in it and a stand to place a tablet or smart phone; I say this
because then we can place the tablet there and listen to music or watch tv
shows. I have heard of bikes that have ports to connect to Ipods and
Iphones; I am aware that the good simple Apple Ipod is no longer sold but I
still have one.

I've seen Schwinn is a model of recumbent exercise bikes as well as the
synergy recumbent bike. Line too online.

Are there bike combos? I mean a bike that gives you a bike workout and arm
cycle workout or maybe something that lets you stand up on it so it will act
like an elliptical too?

I have heard Bowflex is good but do not know about accessibility of it.

Thanks,

Ashley

www.avg.com