[stylist] history of the cane

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 23:38:43 UTC 2008

When I met David he had a metal folding cane that reached to his chest, maybe
(It was pretty short).   After he joined NFB, the canes he used began getting
longer.   He used a straight cane for a while, and moved on to a collapsible,
though he still has a straight cane for long walks.   A friend of ours died
and left David his canes, and they are even longer, up to his nose.   He says
he'll get used to them.
Lori