[stylist] A New Member

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Sun Dec 28 00:40:22 UTC 2008

Every counsellor I've had with the commission for the blind has been
sighted.  They are required to drive to their clients.  Obviously blind
people cannot fill these roles.  However, in teaching blind people to use
adaptive equipment blind individuals do this in facilities for the blind.  I
work with other handicaps, mostly mental disabilities, but have never worked
with a blind person in rehabilitation.  Yes, we have a blind governor in New
York State but he doesn't use adaptive equipment,, walk with a white cane or
read braille.  I just keep forging ahead with my own thing.  Judith