[stylist] A New Member

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 29 20:08:00 UTC 2008

On the subject of lipreading:
I grew up oral. I only started off with a very mild loss with
gradually got worse. I always wished I knew sign language. Up until
recently I didn't think a blind person could learn sign. Now I do.
I've got someone to help teach me tactile sign language. So hopefully
things will change.

Anyway, most orally taught deaf do have some useful hearing. When I
was growing up I did tend to exadurate my hearing loss.

When the rest of my hearing went and I couldn't see well enough to
lipread it came as a releif. People either do deafblind manual or they
write block capital letters on my palm.

Helene.