[stylist] A New Member

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Dec 30 02:25:36 UTC 2008

John:

You raise some interesting, and thought-provoking points.  When I
talk about full inclusion, I don't mean in terms of assimilation,
that is us becoming little sighted persons.  I mean that we have
access to information and devices always, in all places and at all
times.  Our means of access isn't special and granted at the whims of
others.  Hopefully with such access, and a change in attitudes,
blindness merely is a characteristic like anything else you can name.

You are right that there is little that separates us from persons who
see, physically, however one main difference, is there are lights
everywhere.  It is taken granted that their  means of access will be
provided we must work much harder for ours and even then it is only partial.

Dave