[stylist] Poetry contest (adults)

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 01:45:13 UTC 2008

I'm presuming you all know about the Writers' Division poetry and fiction
contest?
It opens January first, closes April first, so there's no time to waste.

Send your poetry, typed, 36 lines or less, up to 3 poems, accompanied by a $5
check made out to the NFB Writers' Division, to Lori Stayer, 2704 Beach
Drive, Merrick NY 11566.   Make sure to include a cover letter for each poem with
the poem title, your name, address, phone & email.

Winners will receive a cash prize, top prize being $100.

Or

Send your fiction, up to 3000 words, typed, please, to Tom Stevens, 1203
Fairview Road, Columbia MO 65203, with a $5 entry fee, check (or money order) made
out to the NFB Writers' Division.

Again, top prize is $100.
Cover letter necessary so we know who you are.
Possible (Probable!) publication in Slate & Style for the winners.
A stamped, self addressed envelope is necessary if you want your work back.
You may, in addition, email poetry to LoriStay at aol.com, and fiction to
cthls at earthlink.net, or to Robert Newman:   newmanrl at cox.net

Tom sometimes has a filter on his email, so there are always alternatives.
But entries must be accompanied by that $5 check.

Robert has spoken about possibly setting up pay pal.   I am not sure if he
has done so yet.
Lori