[stylist] Formatting

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Sat Nov 8 23:23:43 UTC 2008

RJ, Here are the directions you want.  Judith
 Here are formatting directions for paragraph indentations and line spacing:

Select the text you want indented and to change the spacing of.

2.  Hit the alt key.  Hit O for format followed by P for paragraph.

3.  Tab until you hear the word "Special"

4.  Arrow down until you hear first line.

5.  Tab until you hear numerical values.  Arrow up and down until you hear
0.5.  I always set my indentations this way, but you might have another
preference.

6.  Continue tabbing until you come across, "Line spacing."  Arrow up and
down until you hear the spacing you want for your document.

7.  Continue tabbing until you hear "OK."  Hit enter or the space bar,
depending on your computer and settings, and you are done.  From now on in
this document, every time you hit enter your next line will be indented by
whatever you set paragraph indentations.  Here's where the grammer check
comes in.  When spell checking your document, jaws will tell you when the
first word of a paragraph is not capitolized.  You will know your own work.
Get out of the spell check.  Go to the word mentioned by the spell check.
Check the position of the letter by hitting alt simultaneously with the
delete key.  If you hear the numerical value of your indentations, this word
probably belongs on the previous line, go to one space after that word and
start hitting delete until you hear that the first letter of the next word
is on that line.  Unselect the document.  Each time you want to invoke these
commands in other documents, you have to do this again.  These settings are
document specific, not default.