[stylist] writing about blindness

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Wed Nov 12 02:00:39 UTC 2008

A blind character can have a major role.  Yes, there will be those passages
when the blind character picks up his white cane and obviously he or she
won't stand there fidgetting with his or her car keys.  Write about your
blind characters the same way you would write about a sighted one.  Just
don't overload your readers with blind issues.  You have to give your
character a normal life.