[stylist] rollerball cane tips

James Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Sat Nov 15 01:40:07 UTC 2008

hello friends,
I'm going back to a previous discussion we had regarding canes and cane tips.
the replacement tips I had ordered for my cane were wrong, rainshine
instead of the standard metal glide tip and I could not get the
rainshine on my solid fiberglass cane.
I had a trip downtown this afternoon and thus was forced to use what
I call my "dress cane" because it looks nice, doesn't appear to have
survived a nuclear blast.  problem is it is a folding cane, probably
three times the weight, and made of graphite.  it was given by a
state functionary.  my "dress cane" has a rolling tip.
after walking with it downtown on some familiar sidewalks, I can
conclusively report that it doesn't communicate nearly so much detail
as my solid, light, metal glide tipped, cane.  I tried tapping
(harder with heavier cane) and even tried some of the rollerball
technique.    so, I'm getting metal glide tips ASAP.

one note, during my trip downtown I had to take cover under the
awning of the newspaper/cable-TV/ISP because it was hailing pea-sized
hail.  hail presents its own travel problems, chiefly the pain and the noise.

and to those who have been praying for me, I am getting
better.  thank you and thank God.

jc

Jim Canaday M.A.
Lawrence, KS