[stylist] Fw: attachments: Neil Diamond I Am I Said.mp3

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Fri Nov 21 16:43:12 UTC 2008

Fred,
For me, it's the line in "My Back Pages"
"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
Donna at 58

--
For my bio & to hear clips from The Last Straw:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org

Fred Wurtzel wrote:
> Hi Judith,
>
> Well, I realized that I made a mistake.  "You can never Go Home, Again" is
> Thomas Wolf, not John Dunn.  Anyway, your post got me thinking about songs
> with that theme.
>
> Here are a few I listened to last night.
>
> "She's Leaving Home" Beatles
> "My Back Pages" Bob Dylan
> "Talking Old Soldiers" Elton John
> "My Little Town" Simon and Garfunkel
>
> The Elton John has the most poignant line.  It is, "I know what is like to
> have a graveyard as a friend."
>
> The theme of home, growth, loss and change are powerful emotive topics for
> writers.  Most everyone can identify with them since they are universal
> experiences for humans.  Listening to these songs last night was a moving
> experience.  I hadn't done that before.
>
> Thanks for the idea.
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Fred

>>> time. Now I faced the difficult task of learning to walk with a