[stylist] chess question

James Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Tue Nov 25 04:41:22 UTC 2008

Hi friends,
anybody know if it is still possible to purchase brand new a chess
set adapted for use by a blind player, made of wood?  all I have
found for sale is plastic.

I have one given when I was about fourteen years old, it is very
precious to me.  a newly blind fellow in this area who loves chess
really wants a wooden set.

if not, a friend who is a cabinet maker and chess player may start
making such sets from wood.  but first, I want to know if I am right
that new wooden sets haven't been available for a while.
thanks,
jc

Jim Canaday M.A.
Lawrence, KS