[stylist] Wooden chess set- found one

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Tue Nov 25 23:31:18 UTC 2008

Jim

I Googled "chess set wood blind" and found the following wooden chess set;
first is the write-up about the set-
Over fifteen hundred years ago, the captivating game of Chess was invented
in either China or India. From there, the game spread quickly to every
country on the globe, played by kings, noblemen, and commoners alike. It is
certainly one of the most popular and thought-provoking games of all time.

Now, there have been many chess sets designed for blind and visually impared
players, we must admit. But none can compare with the brand-new, all-wood
Chess set we now present. Made entirely of authentic, genuine teek, the
playing board alone is breathtaking. Complete with wooden playing pieces,
specially-designed to be identified by touch, this set is a must-have for
any blind Chess-player. No, you won't find any plastic feet, glued-on
squares, or mold-casted playing pieces in this one-of-a-kind, all-new
presentation of Chess. The heavy-weight playing board will look elegant on
any surface, from coffee table to nightstand, and the wooden playing pieces
are fun to play with and authentic to feel. In summary, there have been many
Chess sets made in the past thousand years, and a few have been adapted to
be played by the blind. But only one has the look of a true, Chess-master's
collector's item, and this is it.

Measures about 14 in. by 9 in. by 1 in.

 Price: $39.95

Here is the site's name and phone number-

  Future Aids, The Braille Superstore

1-800-987-1231

Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net