[stylist] FW: A Message From This I Believe

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Sat Nov 29 17:42:21 UTC 2008

Hi Fred,
Thank you for sharing your essay.  I like it a lot.  It's concise,
powerful and to the point.  Better yet, it's energizing and empowering.
Also, there is a lesson in their letter  for all of us.  Nowadays, a
rejection isn't quite what it used to be.  Rejections rarely come with
the news that your rejected article has already been posted on a major
web site.  Find your essay on NPR and get the exact URL to use in your
resume or bio.  You might even write a press release for your local
paper ... Local blind writer's essay chosen for national web site.  The
press release could include your affiliation with the NFB and a
statement on the NFB's efforts to promote Braille literacy -- pointing
out that only ten percent of blind kids are taught to read Braille.
Offer them a JPEG photo of yourself ... perhaps reading Braille.  If
you're not in a huge market where papers don't accept e mails with
attachments, you can just attach it to the e mail.  Then, if they print
it, you'll have something else for your resume/press kit.
Donna Hill

--
For my bio & to hear clips from The Last Straw:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org