[stylist] descriminative against voices.

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 00:59:06 UTC 2008

Speech for the deaf is valuable, but understanding is far more important.
Although I'm not active in work with the deaf, it's a very similar situation
as that in the blindness field.   If you aren't literate (which means knowing
how to read, write and spell, and that means being able to read Braille, or in
some cases being willing to look at how words are spelled by putting on one's
screen reader to spell them out.   For the deaf, it means sign language as
well as lip reading.   WIthout both, you are lacking in total immersion.   I
know this gets somewhat political, but it's also a matter of common sense.
Lori