[stylist] good English/good writing

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 19:19:11 UTC 2008

Written English (prose) is not the same as spoken English.   I expect we have
to allow some redundancies as part of a person's style, but I also think that
a good writer will work to rid his prose of poorly thought out phrasing.
Using redundancies is similar to falling back on cliches, in that the writer is
not doing as much work as he should.
Lori