[stylist] Heroes of the blind community

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Thu Apr 2 13:44:22 UTC 2009

 Let me reiterate the point and I want this to be the end of it.  If someone
goes to university for the required amount of time, has a thesis accepted
and works his backside off he obtains the title of doctor.  No ego, no
attitude, just plain hard work that neither you nor I have done.    I know
people with PHD's.  They are friends.  I don't refer to them as doctor.
However, when I am introduced to someone as doctor, I address them in that
way.  Black, white, yellow, blind, deaf or whealchair bound.  It doesn't
matter.  If they are a stranger and this is the way they are introduced
because they earned the degree I can address them in that matter.  No
complexes, no guilt, no attitude.  I hope this ends it.