[stylist] Chapter length.

James Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Fri Apr 3 22:31:01 UTC 2009

Alan,
my sense from my reading is that authors do chapters in one of three
ways: each chapter includes events discreetly close to each other in
time or place; less common a strictly chronological chapter scheme,
i.e. day 1, day 4 etc.; or chapters are broken as the story is told
from different perspectives.

what is the purpose of chapters?  when the Bible was written, it had
no chapters and verses.  in deciding how to chapter your work I guess
you have to answer for yourself, what is the purpose of the chapter?
chapters help readers, and I think they help writers too.
jc

Jim Canaday M.A.
Lawrence, KS