[stylist] the secret to writing poems

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 21:50:41 UTC 2009

I don't think there is one secret.
I know a man named George, aged about 80, who tells us his family used to sit
around the fire on a cold winter night, and make up rhymed poetry.

George can write about anything.   My favorite of his is "Ode to a
Colonoscopy."

For me, to be able to write poetry, i have to be in the grip of a strong
emotion, or at any rate, some emotion, and it seems to flow, but it doesn't
usually rhyme.

For others, it's a matter of hard work, and practice, practice, practice.
Lori