[stylist] the secret to writing poems

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Sun Apr 5 21:28:51 UTC 2009

Lines and punctuation, right?

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of slery
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 1:59 PM
To: 'Writer's Division Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [stylist] the secret to writing poems

Ben,

I would also recommend that you "read" lots of poems as opposed to
"listening" to them. You will gain valuable knowledge when you hear poems
read aloud (and in my opinion, poems are meant to be heard instead of read)
but there are many things you will not get until you actually read the poem
for yourself. Since you want to write poetry, you need to see the words on
the page. It doesn't matter if this is via computer, cctv, or braille, but
you really need to see how lines of poetry are used.

Cindy

ee%40clarktouc
h.com

Checked by AVG.