[stylist] The two list idea

James Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Mon Apr 6 21:11:42 UTC 2009

list members,
I feel strongly about this  and vote for the two list solution.
the way stylist was functioning until ten days ago, there was
frequently some humor, and if someone asked a question such as "would
anyone choose to be blind" these were welcomed.
we discussed cane technique, and many many other nonwriting topics
but we discussed them as writers.
as we are supporters and members of NFB, we should be the first ones
to be willing to write about blindness issues from our personal
perspectives, if we choose.

personally I think we should continue to avoid politics.  and if we
discuss religion, we should only do it with respect and  mutuality.

Since the freedom to have humor and chat is so offensive to some
long-term members of stylist, this way they would still have their
list as a quiet low-traffic list.  and we could post on the high
traffic list without always feeling like we have to look behind.

I've seen lists that used tags and they often work well.  however
some of the objectors comments indicate they are tired of using their
delete key and the use of tags wouldn't help this.

on both lists it is important that we keep an eye on the subject
lines.  I've been guilty of that too, hitting reply without updating
the subject line.

I also want to add that I know Robert's heart  is full of concern to
do  right by this Division.  I think a two list solution is the best
option.
jc

Jim Canaday M.A.
Lawrence, KS