[stylist] When pruning leaves gaps

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 12 20:20:03 UTC 2009

Helene,

Oh, yeah!  And I have also found that I will cut something, then forget to
remove a reference to it in the dialog of another plotline, then, which I
suddenly realize will make no sense to the reader...  One of the dangers of
a long piece of fiction, I guess.  A time or two, I've caught instances of
that happening in a book I'm reading, which is very confusing until it
suddenly dawns on me what happened.  /smile/  Usually it's when a
commercially popular sequel got rushed through editing.  So I guess we all
do it.

Good luck!

Tami Smith-Kinney