[stylist] What you experience verses What you read?

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 19 00:37:09 UTC 2009

I'm wondering about this question after rereading my other book 'a
deafblind girl". I find it a lot harder then 'demon decendants' which
is curious as the main character in 'A deafblind girl' is herself
deafblind (as in hard of hearing and low vision). Her sister Zohara is
profoundly deafblind. I know how that works too but I'm finding the
chapter from her point of view very difficult to write so I am really
wondering how much of our writing come from what we read rather when
what we experience personally?

Helene