[stylist] Editing while writing

Shelley Alongi qobells at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 01:26:16 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,
I can't help chiming in here about editing while writing. Lori has a good point. I've been writing for ages. Am I published? Well, I suppose so, on the web, for free, but that's okay for now. While in my accademic phase I wrote many things and learned to edit after I wrote my story or paper or esay. The reason for writing everything first is in my opinion beneficial because it allows me to see the whole picture after it's on paper. Then I can look at it and say ok that's a good idea or no I think I'll cut that one. It helps to see everything and how it fits together so that I can craft my beginning and ending paragraphs to fit what I've actually come up with as the theme or subject of the paper/essay/story. Right now when I get an idea for a chapter of my story I write all the ideas then I go through them and see which ones I like, which ones move the story forward and then start my editing from there. Sometimes I'll edit while writing but most of the
 time I edit after I write. However one does it is their own business and noone should say someone is wrong for writing something one way or the other. It's the finished product that counts. Forget what everyone says and edit the way you feel comfortable. when you write something it's your craft. This is what is great about writing it's a very personal affair. Edit away!

Shelley Alongi
http://www.stor