[stylist] Helene...Sample Chapters

Amy Krout-Horn krouthorn at verizon.net
Fri Apr 24 00:02:36 UTC 2009

Hi Helene:
I've been following the thread concerning the twin characters names and I have to agree with Lori. At first listen, I was immediately struck with the notion that, if I listened for several pages of the story that, at some point, these two characters would melt into one for me, and I would have to reread to keep them straight in any given scene. Twins are a powerful symbol and you wouldn't want your reader to become frustrated with having to mentally work too hard. Your story sounds intriguing and, if you would like, I would read and critique the first three chapters. I always find feedback helpful, so I'm willing to provide some for you. If interested, send your manuscript sample to me off list.
Although I enjoyed the Bobsie Twins when I was a child, I'm not sure if the comparison applies, since I'm assuming your novel is meant for an adult audience. What works in children's literature doesn't always fly with more mature readers. Best of luck.
Amy