[stylist] Omitting characters?

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:18:44 UTC 2009

I have been going through my work omitting all the unneccessary
characters. So all the characters that are left have a definate role
to play.

One of my characters which I am thinking of omitting is Ashok Parvesh,
one of Liza's step children. She's got four blind step children. The
other 3 are all powerful and gifted witches. They more or less take
the limelight and they all have definate roles to play in the plot.
Ashok is just an ordinary blind boy. He is an independant but doesn't
do magic like his siblings so has to do without various magical props
that his siblings use such as a seeker stone that will lead them to
whatever they want, knowing summoning charms, and using their long
canes to ride on like broomsticks. I was thinking of Omitting Ashok
altogether since his 3 siblings tend to take the limelight with their
antiques. On the other hand it might be good to keep an ordinary blind
character there for contrast.

What do others think?

Helene