[stylist] confusing similar words

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Aug 30 23:46:25 UTC 2009

Interestingly, Laurie, I think there are certain typos that jump out
in print, and others that us synthesized speech users notice.

One, that we hear less of these days is using l for 1, as we used to
have to do on some typewriters.  In fact, the official read.me file
for Microsoft Windows 95, had l995 right at the beginning.

Dave