[stylist] Short article=-=- What it Takes to Become a Master Writer

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Fri Dec 4 17:06:10 UTC 2009

Amen to that, Judith. I think this article is right on. I've been
thinking about something though after posting my critique of Keitei's
story "Angel Light."

In this article she states that she can't tell people how to do some of
the things they ask, because she's now doing it by instinct. I think I'm
in a position that I can share something about the writing/editing
process -- a comparison of different stages of editing the same
material. I have not saved everything along the way, but I have saved
my manuscript at different stages. I can explain what troubled me about
the initial draft of selected passages and show how I changed it.

My question to all of you is: would that be of any value to other writers?
Donna Hill

Read my articles on American Chronicle:
http://www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Follow me on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill

Join Me on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99

Or,  FaceBook:
http://www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org