[stylist] february teleconference

James Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Sun Feb 1 01:22:11 UTC 2009

justin,
you have not introduced yourself, please do.

we discussed the inside of plane or locomotive.  small close enclosed
space, noise constant.
both have large windows to look forward, both have heaters against the cold.
while the insides of the locomotive might allow some room for an
engineer to walk a little, the inside of a plane's cockpit if it is a
small craft is not to different from  the insides of a two-door or
four-door car.  no room to walk around.  a private jet has a bit more
room in the cockpit, the passengers can freely move around unless
takeoff, landing, or bad weather is occurring.
in a locomotive the engineer is very two-dimensionally oriented.  in
an aircraft, the pilot is very three-dimensionally oriented.
both have radios, meters, electronics.  a commercial airliner is most
comfortable, and often has three or four seats.  pilots and crews
have some comforts, room, and also have some computer assistance in
flying the plane.  thus, they have even more of the electronics in
front of them, to their sides, and above them.

hope this helps justin.  this is far beyond what we discussed in the
teleconference.
jc
Jim Canaday M.A.
Lawrence, KS