[stylist] The Inside of a Cockpit of a Small Plane Description

Shelley J. Alongi qobells at roadrunner.com
Sun Feb 1 07:56:19 UTC 2009

Here is what I remember from the cockpit of a C172, Cessna four-seater
plane. The cockpit is very small, with rudders at foot level, seats small,
ahead between the two seats are the round instruments, some are still the
needle and ball type under circular bits of glass, almost like a piece of
glass over a specimen in a biology lab, if you ever took lab and had to
examine specimens of anything under the glass. These days the instruments
are digital I haven't experienced their shape. The cockpit of the plane has
the pilot's seat with what's called the yoke, almost a half-circle steering
wheel which is used to climb or descend the plane. also on the pannel in
front of the pilot is the radio and the headset jacks, some have jacks for
two sets of headsets so the pilot and passenger in the front can listen to
air traffic control or hear the Automated Terminal Information system (ATIS)
which gives the pilot current weather conditions for the airport from which
they are departing or to which they are flying. In the C172p there is a
landing gear which is nonretractable which means when stepping out of the
plane you want to be careful not to trip over it. Cessna landing gear in a
prop plane anyway to my knowledge is nonretractable. Instrument pannel in
the cockpit consists of airspeed indicator, altitude indicator (asi, ati),
and compass. There's more I'm sure but certainly not less. These are the
things I remember from my flights with Todd a pilot who flew scenic flights
and gave flight instruction out of our local airport and gave me about five
flights in that plane till he moved on to a different airport and I ran out
of money, chuckles. For my experieences in a small plane click on the
storymania site here at the bottom and look for ShellBell's flight
Adventures. I'm still looking for that magical moment in a locomotive.
Welcome, justin.

Shelley J. Alongi
Your Life Long Pampered Chef Consultant with Bells On!
Home Office: (714)869-3207
Visit my personal web site with the Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/shellbellskit
Read my Metrolink writings and other essays and stories
http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smshowauthorbox.cgi?page=1&author=AlongiSJ&alpha=A