[stylist] Thought Provoker About Love

John Lee Clark johnlee at clarktouch.com
Sun Feb 15 22:04:06 UTC 2009

Hey all:

I am surprised with the way some of you have read what I said quite
differently from what I wrote.  For instance, Judith thought I said all
beautiful-eyed people were sadists when I had only said that all sadists had
those eyes.  Several of you thought I said all blind people should marry
each other, while I had only pointed out one possible benefit of that and I
never said that the blind should marry only blind people.

What gives?  This leads me to wonder if this is a result of audio reading.
Is it?  Does the process of listening instead of fingering increase the risk
of misreading the actual text?

John