[stylist] National Federation of the Blind Responds to Authors Guild Statement on the Amazon Kindle 2

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Feb 16 19:23:10 UTC 2009

The Kindle is a small electronic book reading device for the
sighted.  You buy it $359.  You then purchase and download books
directly to it from Amazon.com.  The books are in a proprietary
format for the Kindle and can only be used on it.

The new version has text-to-speech to read its books aloud.  A blind
person still couldn't use it though as there is no accessible way to
control it, pick and download books etc.

Dave