[stylist] Next nFB Telephone Meeting 5 days away

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Wed Feb 18 03:45:15 UTC 2009

It is only 5 days away!

the next telephone conference meeting sponsored by the National Federation
of the Blind Writers' Division is only 5 days away- Sunday, January 21st.
The time is 7:30 PM central US, 8:30 Eastern, 6:30 Mountain and 5:30Pacific.

Topics to start the discussion off are- (I am going to need help here, I
lost my notes as to what people wished to cover; there were at least 3 items
identified.) One that I clearly recall, was by last year’s short story
winner, Amy Krout-Horn and it was like this- do you write a story then look
for a publisher that accepts that length of story. Or, do you seek out the
word count that a publisher will accept and then craft a story to fit that
number?

Other topics, Please- the more the more fun and education.

If you wish to join us, here is the information you need:

The phone number you dial is-  (218) 339-4300 (This will cost you your
regular long distance charges.)

Once in, you are asked   for your Access Code and it is: 568839#
(The character at the end of the 6 digit number is the number-sign, the key
to the right of the zero on your touch-tone phone.)

Once connected to the live conference, every caller will be able to talk.
Every caller will also have access to the touch tone commands listed below.
If you choose to use one of the following options, you press the STAR key
first then the corresponding number of the option you desire; the star key
is immediately to the left of the zero key.

Options are:

Exit conference - *3 (It asks if you really want to leave or go back into
the conference. If you have to leave, you can always just hang-up; though
the polite way to do it is to exit first then hang-up.)

Mute - *6 then to un-mute, just repeat this key combination.

Here is a piece of advice: The way these telephone conference things seem to
work is that only one person can talk and be heard; if two talk at the same
time, no one can really understand what is being said, voices get garbled.
As I was with the first meeting,

President NFB Writers' Division
Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net