[stylist] a poem I just wrote

James Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Fri Feb 27 22:38:57 UTC 2009

Jen,
I liked your poem.  when I think of trees, though, I think of how
they sound when the wind moves through them.  how they bend when the
wind is high, how the bark feels, and the shade on a hot day.  in the
backyard of my previous home, there was a black walnut tree that had
been hit by lightning once so it was a bit distorted.  yet the shade
always seemed cooler under it, and the squirrels loved that tree best
in the neighborhood.
I guess I'm saying a little more just experiencing your tree might be
nice.  of course, I am not much of a poet either.
jc

Jim Canaday M.A.
Lawrence,  KS