[stylist] Blind and segregation

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Thu Jan 1 00:33:13 UTC 2009

A big part of the problem is television.   Also, if parents don't read, kids
won't either.   And frankly, parents these days are home so infrequently that
kids have no idea what they read.

I was a stay at home mom because I saw what a working mom did to me.
Melodie read just about everything I ever wrote, and Rachel would listen on tape so
she could fall asleep if I was too busy to read to her.   (She was an audio
learner, probably because of ambliopia, before we corrected it).   Both girls
are now readers.   Rachel teaches special Ed, and Melodie teaches her children,
most of whom learned to read before entering Kindergarten.   It all starts in
the home.
Lori