[stylist] Blind and segregation

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 2 04:18:04 UTC 2009

Angela:

I was interested reading the account of your school days. It was good
that you were taught braille and Long cane at the VI unit although
your teachers should have incouraged you to use those skills to get
about not to depend on the other children so much.

Saying that children can be very cruel whatever aproach you take. At
Madely High school nothing was expected of the other children except
that I should hand the teacher my FM hearing device for her to speak
into. Some of the other children  resented that and kept breaking it.

Helene.