[stylist] Chelsea's Writing and Answers

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Sun Jan 4 03:26:41 UTC 2009

Hi Chelsae,
 In terms of getting published, have you read "Getting Your Book
Published for Dummies" by Sarah Parsons Zackheim ?  NLS has it at least
as a recorded book -- not sure about Braille.  It's a few years old, but
I thought it was excellent.  It gives you a good overview of the
industry, how to find the right publisher for your work, how to approach
editors, publishers and agents for fiction and nonfiction projects and
so on.  There are a lot of tips from industry insiders and info on
contracts and how the whole process works.  If you haven't read
something like that, I recommend that you do, so you understand the
industry.  It can help you avoid being scammed and also help you
understand the process from the point of  view of the professionals.  It
also has info on self publishing and e book publishing.
Donna

--
For my bio & to hear clips from The Last Straw:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org