[stylist] SUBMISSION

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Jan 16 04:38:53 UTC 2009

Lori, boy where did all the messages go that told of a deadline coming?
(Yes, I knew there would be one coming, but I just didn't ever see a message
talking about you needing stuff and by when. Sorry.)

So two things-

I just received this submission as an article for S&S. She is an 85 year old
woman with severe vision loss. She does not use a computer; hand writes her
work out; maybe use to use a typewriter. A friend then will type out her
work on the computer. This was sent to me via the body of an email. Her
friend researched what would be acceptable to S&S, length wise and told her
it was 1,000 words. I called her today and told her I'd send this alone, but
it may be too long. (Shelley held me to 700 words. This one Harriet's is
948. I think it could be slimmed down; like any piece. (For her to do it,
being she is not a computer user would mean a lot of time, though I'm sure
she would tackle it. She feels I or you would know how to edit it too and
would not be bothered if we felt it needed editing and just went ahead and
did it.)

This lady is sending us a $10.00 check to join. She is new at learning about
blindness and has a very positive nature about her. I think she did a great
job expressing herself in this article. Very inspirational and is at a very
good starting point in her blindness to  make sense to many partially
sighted blind folks that can make use of magnification (for now)

I'll have to get you my piece by like Monday; just wasn't of the mindset
that today was the day. (Been working on other things.)

Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net
THOUGHT PROVOKER Website-
Http://www.thoughtprovoker.info