[stylist] What comes first?...response to response

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Thu Jan 29 23:06:58 UTC 2009

Hi Amy,

I also read that book.  I agree it is very good.

As I recall you asked about short pieces.  Many times magazines will respond
to queries about an article idea.  As I understand novels, on the other
hand, the work must be done before approaching publishers.  Non-fiction can
be partially finished when approaching publishers.  These are my
understandings.  Others may have other information.

I am on this list for exactly the reason you stated -- to hear what others
are doing and to pick up good writing tips and ideas.

Happy writing.

Warm Regards,

Fred