[stylist] Ideas about Newsletter please?

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Fri Jan 30 15:21:27 UTC 2009

Azizza,
If you use Word 2003 or later, you can insert pictures using the Insert
menu.  In Jaws, Alt I to Insert, down arrow (about nine times ) to
Picture submenu, right arrow to open and then down arrow to "From file"
and enter.  You then select the photo or whatever that you have in your
files like you would choose something for an attachment or to save in a
specific folder.  This puts that picture in your Word doc at the point
of the cursor.  I don't know, however, how to change the positioning or
size of the picture.  Perhaps, you can get someone to do that part for
you.  I'm trying to format a three-fold brochure and I would like to be
able to reduce the size of the picture to get more text in the column
and haven't sorted that out yet.

Also, I would suggest a larger font for your Title lines for each
section and perhaps making them boldface.  You could make a fancy over
all title for the newsletter by making that font even bigger and perhaps
using "engraved" in the font menu.  Don't get too fancy with the font
type, however, you want people to understand it.  Transfering it into an
e mail changes some things, if you'll be doing that.  The photos seem to
get left aligned instead of centered as in Word.  I would definitely
enlist sighted assistance at least to get started.
Good luck,
Donna

--
For my bio & to hear clips from The Last Straw:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org