[stylist] Deadlines for Slate and Style articles

Shelley J. Alongi qobells at roadrunner.com
Sun Jul 26 18:24:21 UTC 2009

"Slate and Style" Needs You!
Writers' Guidelines and Deadlines
Hello Everyone,

As new "Slate and Style" editor I thought I'd get a jump on things by publishing this year's deadlines running from summer 2009 to spring, 2010 for article submissions. "Slate and Style" is looking for how-to articles on writing of 1000 words or less, original fiction of 2000 words or less, and poetry containing a maximum of 36 lines. Feel free to email any questions, drafts, writing ideas (if you have the idea you'll write the article that's my motto but I'm here to help if you need help with how to express the ideas). I don't have any problem writing enough material to cover four issues, I'm known to be prolific in the writing department, but we're a collaborative team and I'm looking forward to reading your submissions. If you do have questions please drop them to me privately off list and if you prefer to call please feel free to use my phone number listed below. The best time to reach me by telephone is generally during weekends as I tend to spend lots of time in my office then, unless I'm on some train jaunt somewhere, and if I am, you'll know about it because of course I'll write about it.

You can send poetry submissions to Lorraine Stayer as she will be continuing as our poetry editor. Her email address is loristay at aol.com

My email address is qobells at roadrunner.com

The following is the submission dates for each issue of the magazine.

August 15, summer

November 22, Autumn

January 15, Winter 2010

March 1, Spring, 2010

I'll post this as a reminder to the list and also it will apear in the upcoming issues.

Happy writing!

Shelley J. Alongi
Home Office: (714)869-3207
**