[stylist] Saying hello

Carmella D Broome cdbroome at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 1 02:13:53 UTC 2009

Hi everyone, I was on this list a while ago and am glad to be back. I've
been very busy promoting my first book, a memoir about my first year of
college, that was released in February of this year. It is called Carmella's
Quest: Taking on College Sight Unseen and is published by Red Letter Press
www.RedLetterPress.GooglePages.com.
Your fearless leader, Robert Newman, has read it, and claims to have enjoyed
the book.  Smile.  He might just be being nice, but I think he means that.
He told me he would be honest.

The book describes my  freshman year at a small  Christian liberal arts
college in upstate SC in the mid '90s.  It  talks about my  struggles with
trying to  make use of the small amount of vision I had when getting around
campus and completing academic requirements. I also talk  about my struggles
to just be seen as not so different from my peers and my friendships and
dating relationships. Blindness is part of the story, but not any more or
less than  other aspects of my life.  I tell about what  happened and
blindness comes up as it was a natural part of events and  circumstances.

I am in the process of recording Carmella's Quest at my local NLS studio so
that it will be available  through NLS.   So far, that has been a lot of
fun.  It is also available on bookshare.org. For those who  are interested,
if a print copy is purchased but the need for an accessible version exists,
I will send an electronic copy via email. You can learn more about me and
book related happenings at my blog
http://CarmellasQuest.LiveJournal.com.

I wish I had more time to  promote the book.  That is fairly time consuming
and there is research involved and a learning curve.  I enjoy it and refuse
to let it stress me out, but there is so much more I could do if I had more
hours a week to devote to it and more energy freed up.

If you are on other lists you think might be interested, please feel free to
post info there.  I can't get to them all myself, that's for sure. Same goes
for individuals.

For more info, feel free to ask questions on list or to email me at
CarmellasQuest at hotmail.com

I look forward to continuing to participate in list discussions as often as
I can.  I enjoy communicating with other writers.

Best to all,
Carmella