[stylist] Interesting book: Biography of the Blind

Kathleen Millhoff kmillhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:41:13 UTC 2009

Hi,  Thanks for sending this info; these kinds of things always make
me wonder - just how many unknown blind people were out there, doing
something. Robert Holman, who was the blind traveler described  in
that book, met a blind biologist who was an expert in his field; and,
yes, you're quite right about how tedious writing and publishing would
have been for a blind person of the 19th century.  when they tell us
Whitman rewrote "Leaves of Grass" 10 by hand, we'll have something to
top it.
best,
kat

--
kathy millhoff - "Let each morn be better than its eve, and each
morrow richer than its yesterday."