[stylist] Deaf blind query.

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 4 17:02:28 UTC 2009

Hi David,
I am deafblind myself. Their are several methods that you could try with him.
There is the Tandoma method for a deafblind person of reading lips by
feeling throat and mouth. At once stage it was used quite a lot for
deafblind but it's not really suitable as a stand alone method. Just
part of a set of tools.  There is also block captial letters on the
palm of the hand. Either method could go for starters.

Does he know any signs at all? You could try teaching him jumbo
braille, but of course you would have to communicate with him first.

Helene