[stylist] NFB Takes Stand re Education of Blind Children in Utah

Kasondra Payne Kassyp36 at msn.com
Sat Jun 13 00:58:23 UTC 2009

Donna,

Thank you for sending this out.  I have had pretty good luck with my son
Andrew's education at the Utah School for the Deaf and Blind, but he has
only just finished kindergarten.  He has learned quite a bit of Braille, but
he is really resistant to writing it with a Brailler.  I have suggested
using a slate, and I will introduce him to one over the summer.  His
teachers really listen to me.  I think this is the calm for us in the middle
of many storms on every front with the kids.  Andrew has a totally blind
sister behind him, and he has an older brother with behavior disabilities.
Fortunately, all my children love to learn, so I am very positive about
their future.  I k now the parents in the article, and I have seen the real
struggles they and their kids have gone through.

I am praying for and assisting with this work where I can.  I don't know how
I missed this article the other day, but thank you again for bringing it to
the attention of the list.

Kasondra Payne