[stylist] Member Bios Now on Site

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 29 02:22:27 UTC 2009

Good evening everyone,

    It's been an exhausting, hot, and miserable week here in South Texas
mainly due to the intense heat wave that has covered much of the state and
is creating drought conditions and difficulties for many in our state. I'm
pleased to announce that the Member Bios section of our Web Site is now
active and is available to check out. It can be reached by going directly
to:
http://www.nfb-writers-division.org/members/member_bios.shtml

    There are currently six entries in this area. More will be added in the
coming year. I'll check them to be sure all links work correctly. If you
find a link that is bad please let me know so I can fix it before we leave
for Detroit.

 I'm looking forward to participating in our activities at this convention
and will be recording both NFBWD meetings. I'll be bringing close to
$1000.00 worth of professional recording equipment for NFBWD and other
recording projects I'll be doing during this year's national convention. We
gave it a dry run during our chapter meeting and are very excited about the
results as I know you will when the recordings are posted to the Web site.

    The NFB of Texas San Antonio Chapter Web Site will go online later this
summer and will have exciting content for visitors including our chapter
podcast. We also voted to post our meeting minutes on the Web site as well
and decided that the secretary and all members that produce material
suitable for the Web site will also be responsible for marking it up and
preparing the pages for the site giving us multiple individuals who can
produce content for the Web site and maintain it to insure that content is
kept up-to-date and new content is added in an efficient and timely manner.
And of course there's the opportunity to challenge blind people to learn a
skill they never thought possible for a blind person to do namely creating
Web Pages and posting them to a site. One of our members did this last week
and was thrilled to discover that if she chose to do so she could learn the
ins and outs of Web Site design and management. Here's hoping the weather is
much cooler than it is here. We're frying down here!  See everyone in
Detroit.

Peter Donahue

"Will you come and awake our lost land from its slumber
      And her fetters we'll break, links that long are encumbered.
      And the air will resound with hosannas to greet you
      On the shore will be found gallant Irishmen to greet you."
Will You Come to the Bower
Traditional Irish Folk Song