[stylist] Good writing-firewood cutting

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 19:34:03 UTC 2009

Outstanding.

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Shelley J. Alongi
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:33 PM
To: NFBnet Writer's Division Mailing List
Subject: Re: [stylist] Good writing-firewood cutting

about three years ago I went to Mississippi to work in a relief kitchen
after katrina. One of the people on the committee thought I shouldn't go
because we might be primarily required to use chain saws, etc. I told him
that if I needed to use one I'd learn how and furthermore if they wanted to
stop me from going I'd have something to say about it in the paper or
whereever I could find someone wiling to push for my joining the team. Well
the guy who put the team together advocated for me he doesn't go to that
church anymore but I went on the team. There was a lot of work to be done so

I didn't use a chain saw but I'd be about learning it if I needed to. The
first thing I'd do is unplug it and get a good idea of the shape of the
circular blade and what was where, create my own visual map and then do
small projects till I figured out how to use it. I'd most likely teach
myself kind of like I did when teaching myself to light a candle. No one
taught me how to light matches I had to teach myself. I'm happy to let the
maintenance crew do their work around here but if I have to learn how to do
something I'll teach myself, just get the instrument and do a lot of
exploring before I use it. By the way in the relief kitchen I did a lot of
barbecuing I think I barbecued eighty pounds of chicken. Someone tried to
help me I said no thank you I've been doing this for years please go use the

other grill and between the two of us we got it all done. I'll never
complain about doing dishes again after spending a week in Bay St. Louis
washing huge dishes bigger than most coolers you've ever seen. I think my
dishwasher is a luxury.
Shelley J. Alongi
Your Lifelong Pampered Chef Consultant With Bells On!
Home Office: (714)869-3207
Prepare tasty meals with eas and at $2.00 a serving from the pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/shellbellskit
**
Read articles from the Writers' Division web site including the last issue
of "Slate and Style" with me as editor
http://www.nfb-writers-division.org/slate_style/ss2008_f.shtml

**
To read essays on my journey through Metrolink 111 or other interests click
on
http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smshowauthorbox.cgi?page=&author=Alongi
SJ&alpha=A

updated Dec 7, 2008