[stylist] Blowing snow talk/writing

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Tue Mar 3 11:49:24 UTC 2009

Using a Snow Blower:

I've not done this one. I think I would see if  the leading edge of the
front of the machine, its part in the front that is what you could say is
the scooping housing collar for where the snow is introduced to the blades
of the machine. I'd see if it could be used to tell me when I came into
contact with the side of the walk or driveway (I believe this leading edge
would be very low to the ground, like almost scraping the surface). You guys
have seen this, how as you go into a snowy period, a walk that has been
scooped is always lower then the grassy verge that is right at the edge of
the walk; it's like you are walking in a groove. The wheels would also tell
me something, in terms of when they started lumbering up and onto a surface
that has not been previously blown/cleared and doesn't need to be. I think
the hard flatter surfaced of a walk or driveway would feel one way and the
snow covered surface of the grassy lawn would feel different, allowing you
to know "Hey dude, you are off the walk, and don't need to clear the snow
off the grass!"

One part that could be funny is- you are doing your thing, the motor is
roaring away, snow is being forcefully blown off to the side of the machine
and a neighbor comes over to talk to you. And of course you don't hear them
coming and you turn your blower to do the next little section and you cover
your friendly neighbor with your flying ploom of snow.

Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net
THOUGHT PROVOKER Website-
Http://www.thoughtprovoker.info