[stylist] Various Editing Styles

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 19:15:32 UTC 2009

The convention was shortened by a day, I believe, for a couple of reasons.
First, the last day has always been less populated, as people go home early.
The baskets are passed around, and people are asked to contribute as a way of
supporting the convention.   It always seemed to me wrong to do it on the
last day, as who had any money left by then?

But also, the hotels are somewhat upset at having to give two weekends to one
convention.   We do rather fill the hotel!   It seems a bit easier to get the
hotels if it's done this way.

Besides, the banquet is the highlight of the convention.   anything after
that is a let down.   This is, however, something of an experiement.   I'm sure
NFB National is waiting to see what happens.
Lori