[stylist] Intro- Vivian Majors

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Mar 20 20:30:42 UTC 2009

STYLIST members, I would like to introduce a new member of this mailing list
and soon to be member of the Division, Miss Vivian Majors. Vivian is new to
blindness and is needing our help as she deals with the changes that are
rapidly coming into her life. As a new member, she would like all of us to
know something about her background and toward that end she has provided me
with a short document that I will paste in below my intro.

First, let me tell you why I am providing the introduction. Though Vivian's
vision has decreased slowly over the years, it has been only recently that
her ability to read and travel has become a serious problem. She is now
working with the rehab services in her home state of Georgia, but doesn't
yet have the low vision soft and hardware that has been prescribed. So doing
email is a pain, because she has to highlight and increase the font of any
thing presented on a computer screen. Yet, she wants to hear from us! And
she instinctively knows, the best guidance on blindness comes from those who
live it.

Second and here is a very interesting fact about Vivian and is of special
interest for us! Vivian is a 10 year plus, connected independent business
woman who is an agent and/or promoter and producer of film and TV scripts
and well.More. Check out her bio and company description below. She is
especially interested in seeing what this division and the Performing Arts
Division has going; are there any of us who are interested in her services?
She sees that we have mutual needs- blindness on her part and
writing/publishing on ours.

I will also suggest, that our April telephone conference has Vivian as our
main guest.

Vivian Majors
Diamond Pieces Entertainment

For the better part of her early young adult years, Vivian lived a typical
life of an urban teen, growing up under the legendary Richard Bell, a
national promoter, who put together the first Motown review.  Little did
Vivian know that the laps that she sat on, as a little child, were the laps
of famous, legendary, recording artists. Artists such as Ike and Tina
Turner, Fats Domino, Peg Leg, Archie Bell and the Drells, The Gap Band,
Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knights and the Pips, the Miracles, James Brown, Joe
Frazier, Muhammad Ali, and many, many more.

Diamond Pieces Entertainment is associated with several 100% Equity-Film
Sources, Film Matching Sources to Lending Institutions, and (as Executive
Producer or Co-Producer of the project) is open to submission by established
Talent Agencies, Production Companies, Producers, Directors and Talent for
funding their projects. We also seek contact with established Executive
Producers with Film funding Sources, Film Investors, Film Matching Funding
Sources, Associations, Organizations, and Corporations who fund motion
pictures, since we represent numerous projects with talent attached.

In addition, Diamond Pieces Entertainment has several of its own projects in
development and seeks direct financial partners, investors, venture
capitalists, motion picture companies and studios with interest in funding
our own projects.  Through our connections, we bring to the table endless
resources that have dealt with millions of dollars in investment capital and
loan financing.

Some Diamond Pieces Entertainment connections: Filmmakers & Film
Directories, Entertainment Magazines, Review Entertainment Festivals, Online
Seminars, Producers & Directors, Entertainment Lawyers, Contracts Investment
Bankers & Venture Capitalists, Entertainment Investors, Celebrities. Talent
Agencies: Models & Talent for Hire, Cinematography & Editing Movie and TV
Crew for Hire, Post Production Houses, Distribution Companies, Location
Scouts, Production Budget Breakdowns, Computer Editing, Computer Animation
Companies, Special Effects Companies, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Gothic,
Horror Stages, Studios, Animal Trainers, Stunt performing Companies,
Screenwriters & Playwrights, Concerts & Events, Foreign Language
Translation, Screenwriting & Novel Writing Software, Documentary Films &
Festivals, Grant Writers, Souvenirs, Security and Bodyguards.

Sincerely,

Vivian Majors
Diamond Pieces Entertainment

President NFB Writers' Division